Watch CANNIBAL CORPSE “Summoned For Sacrifice” video HERE.
Legendary death metallers CANNIBAL CORPSE today unleash their latest single and accompanying video for “Summoned For Sacrifice.” The pulverizing new hymn comes by way of the band’s sixteenth studio album, Chaos Horrific, set for release on September 22nd via Metal Blade Records.
Since their 1988 inception, CANNIBAL CORPSE has remained at the forefront of death metal, shaping and defining the genre. In 2021, they raised the bar again with their Violence Unimagined offering.And in celebration of their thirty-fifth anniversary, this year’s monolithic Chaos Horrific full-length, written shortly after the conclusion of the Violence Unimagined sessions, continues the trajectory.
While the band is notorious for technicality and complex songwriting, that doesn’t define where the writing process takes them. With Chaos Horrific, CANNIBAL CORPSE had no master strategy, approaching each track with an open mind, intent on simply composing the best songs possible. Produced again by guitarist Erik Rutan, who has now produced six of the band’s albums, starting with 2006’s Kill, (Chaos Horrific marks Rutan’s second release as a full-fledged member, since officially joining the band in 2020), the record is, without question a full-on, CANNIBAL-style death metal outing, straight down to the themes, which include zombie warfare, resetting the human race through mass mutilations, and the violent revenge of victims of human trafficking, and its cover art by longtime collaborator Vince Locke.
Of the band’s second single, “Summoned For Sacrifice,” themed around the selection of an individual to be dismembered, drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz elaborates, “One person is randomly selected to die. Thirteen people are randomly selected to kill this person by violently removing pieces of his body until he breathes no more.”
Watch CANNIBAL CORPSE “Summoned For Sacrifice” video, directed by David Brodsky and produced by Allison Woest of My Good Eye: Music Visuals, at THIS LOCATION.
Watch CANNIBAL CORPSE’s previously released video for “Blood Blind” HERE.
Chaos Horrific will be available on digipak CD, deluxe box set (Dried Blood Marbled vinyl, 24p 12” booklet, puzzle, pin, poster and art print – limited to 1500 copies), cassette (limited to 500 copies), digitally, and on vinyl in the following variants:
– 180g Black (EU exclusive)
– Burned Flesh Marble (EU exclusive)
– Slate Blue Marble (PIAS exclusive – limited to 600 copies)
– Charcoal Brown Marble (Sound Pollution exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
– Pearl Violet Marble (EU exclusive – ltd. 500 copies)
– Bloodsun Marble (EU exclusive – ltd. 500 copies)
– Clear Red & Yellow Splatter (EMP exclusive – ltd. to 300 copies) **SOLD OUT**
– Clear & White/Blue Splatter (EU exclusive – ltd. to 300 copies)
– Turquoise & White Splatter (Napalm exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
– Clear Orange & Red Splatter (Nuclear Blast exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
– Clear Blackdust (Eyesore exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
– Red Blackdust (Metal Blade Shop exclusive – ltd. 300 copies) **SOLD OUT**
– Fog Marbled (US exclusive)
– “Charred Remains” (US exclusive)
– Orange/Red Inkspots (US exclusive)
– Black & Brown Marble (US Band store exclusive) **SOLD OUT**
– Silver w/ Red Streaks (US Band store exclusive)
– Electric Smoke (US tour exclusive)
Coinciding with the release of Chaos Horrific, CANNIBAL CORPSE will embark on a month-long North American co-headlining tour with Mayhem. The trek will commence on September 22nd in Nashville, Tennessee and run through October 21st in Louisville, Kentucky. Support will be provided by special guests, Gorguts and Blood Incantation! Tickets are on sale now. See all confirmed dates below.
CANNIBAL CORPSE w/ Mayhem, Gorguts, Blood Incantation:
9/22/2023 Marathon Music Hall – Nashville, TN
9/23/2023 The Fillmore – Charlotte, NC
9/24/2023 The Mill & Mine – Knoxville, TN
9/26/2023 Stage AE – Pittsburgh, PA
9/27/2023 Rebel – Toronto, ON
9/28/2023 L’Olympia – Montreal, QC
9/29/2023 The Palladium – Worcester, MA
9/30/2023 Brooklyn Steel – Brooklyn, NY
10/02/2023 The Royal Oak – Detroit, MI
10/03/2023 Hard Rock Live – Gary, IN
10/04/2023 The Fillmore – Minneapolis, MN
10/06/2023 Mission Ballroom – Denver, CO
10/07/2023 The Complex Salt – Lake City, UT
10/09/2023 Temple Theatre – Tacoma, WA
10/10/2023 Knitting Factory – Spokane, WA
10/11/2023 Knitting Factory – Boise, ID
10/13/2023 The Warfield – San Francisco, CA
10/14/2023 SOMA – San Diego, CA
10/17/2023 The Aztec Theatre – San Antonio, TX
10/18/2023 The Factory – Dallas, TX
10/20/2023 The Eastern – Atlanta, GA
10/21/2023 Paristown Hall – Louisville, KY
George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher – vocals
Erik Rutan – guitar
Rob Barrett – guitar
Alex Webster – bass
Paul Mazurkiewicz – drums