MØTIVATIØN, the new collaborative project led by visionary Ø, today drops their latest single with “Control,” a hypnotic crusher featuring the creative work of Paul Delaney of Black Anvil and Theo Kogan of Lunachicks. Now playing via Metal Injection, the track comes by way of the project’s debut full-length, The Infinite 8 Steps To Power / Money / More, set for release on February 22nd via Seeing Red Records.
A colossal undertaking uniting an array of musicians from all genres, the premise of MØTIVATIØN is plain: If you want to motivate yourself by motivating others and/or motivate others by motivating yourself, then your positive collaboration will be most welcome. MØTIVATIØN’s immersive experience and teachings continually challenge and engage candidates searching for the best possible version of themselves. The ambitious effort boasts twelve stirring hymns brought to fruition by members of Faith No More, Throbbing Gristle, Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, L7, Toxic Holocaust, EyeHateGod, High Reaper, the Andrew W. K. band, and so many more.
“Control” was introduced as a completed sonic offering, recorded by NYBM luminary Delaney (Black Anvil, Kill Your Idols). The companion lyrics and messaging are a vital reminder the Prime Candidate must submit to the program to be discharged from the futile need to control The Negative. The inflection of a swarming commitment counters a diminished understanding of our own limitations and our ability to transcend them is ingrained in this post punk blackened composition.
Issues Ø of “Control,” “The MØTIVATIØN cøllective gives thanks for the contributions of Paul Delaney (Black Anvil) and Theo Kogan (Lunachicks) toward the creation of this evocative and powerful offering. These Tøp Tier creatives have demonstrated the remarkable ability to invigorate entire musical genres through pure artistic passion and skillfulness in the past: Delaney as a pioneer of American black metal and Kogan as an Evølutiønary force for women in punk rock. ‘Cøntrøl’ is certain to severely offend some and pleasantly thrill others. To the visionless, it appears as a vulgar urging toward subservience of the flesh. To those who are courageous enough to dig deeper, a message of the Pøwer found in radical acceptance may be revealed. If ‘Cøntrol’ makes you feel anything at all, then we have succeeded in our mission.”
Elaborates Metal Injection, “It’s a great song that sways between crushing heaviness and almost pop sensibilities, all with a solid hook and captivating visuals. Ø has spoken and we’re listening.”
View MØTIVATIØN’s “Control” video at THIS LOCATION.
Peep the video for first single, “Prisøn Løgic,” featuring members of Cro-Mags, EyeHateGod, Lunachicks, and High Reeper at THIS LOCATION as well as a brief discussion about the track among its collaborators HERE. Watch the video for “Revelatiøn Denied” featuring members of Obituary, Intoxicated (members of the Andrew W.K. band), and more at THIS LOCATION and a mini-documentary dissecting the mystery of its featured (or perhaps unfeatured?) members HERE.
The Infinite 8 Steps To Power / Money / More will be released on LP and digital formats. Find preorders at THIS LOCATION.
The Infinite 8 Steps To Power / Money / More Track Listing:
- Step Øne (In 5 Easy Steps) (Feat. Theo Kogan, Joel Grind, Lucy Pierce, Shane Trimble)
- Swalløw (Feat. Theo Kogan, Roger Miret, Shane Trimble)
- Prisøn Løgic (Feat. Mike IX Williams, Parris Mayhew, Gina Volpe, Shane Trimble)
- Cøntrol (Feat. Paul Delaney, Theo Kogan)
- Initium Fire/Gøld (Feat. Donita Sparks, Gina Volpe, Theo Kogan)
- Medi (C+T) Atiøn (Feat. Paul Delaney, Theo Kogan, Victoria Starr)
- Helder Fan Eagen, Ferljøchte Fan Geast (Feat. John Bart Van Der Wal, Thomas Haywood)
- Pay Tø Play (Feat. Roger Miret, Roddy Bottum, Theo Kogan , Richie Long)
- Øpen (Feat. Eddley Odowd, Theo Kogan)
- “Revelatiøn Denied (Feat. Erik Payne, Gregg Roberts, Mike Radford, John Sutton, Kenny Andrews)
- Løgistics (Feat. Norman Reedus, Matt Katz-Bohen, Theo Kogan, Shane Trimble)
- Spøils;Zenith (Feat. Roddy Bottum, Victoria Starr, Genesis P Orridge, Norman Reedus, Eddley Odowd, Joe Letz, Andy Duval)